Branch Manager – Alnwick, Fred Williamson
Full Time - 40 hours per week over 5 days
Monday – Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable and motivated Branch Manager to lead the team at our Alnwick, Fred Williamson Decorator Centre.
Managing a team of two you will be promoting the branch and our Company product range to bring in new business and develop sales. You will also be responsible for managing, controlling and developing the overall business of the branch to achieve sales and profit targets. Taking responsibility for stock, cash and branch security will all be key points in this role. The branch has a mixed retail and trade customer base and with our industry expertise and a great range of quality products, it’s no wonder we are known for being the first choice for decorating materials in the area!
Fred Williamson Decorator Centres are made up of 7 branches across the North East of England and we are delighted to be welcoming all of them into the Brewers family. Brewers is a family run business, which has been trading for over 110 years. We have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 158 branches nationwide which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with the growing change in our market.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Be able to demonstrate effective management or supervisory experience
- Be enthusiastic and proactive about selling and be able to inspire staff to achieve high levels of customer service
- Understand our focus on customer service, and other Brewers values
- Have the ability to positively represent the Company to a wide range of customers
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Knowledge of the local area would be helpful
- Have experience of achieving sales targets and generating new business
Who we are looking for to join our new team:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Driver with a full licence
- Product knowledge or experience in a decorator’s merchant would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) – increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Contribution equivalent to 5% of salary to your pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
- Staff uniform
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job