Role: Bookkeeper (Accountancy Practice)
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Are you an organised and experienced Bookkeeper? Do you have proven Bookkeeping experience within an Accountancy Practice or in a sole bookkeeping role? Are you looking to join a reputable business offering great staff benefits? If yes, then read on!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bookkeeper to join a growing Accountancy Practice based near Ilford. The successful individual will join the busy Bookkeeping team and work with clients from a variety of industries, meaning that every day will be different! Due to the demanding workload, the ability to multitask, time manage and meet strict deadlines is essential.
Please note: this role is available on either a full time or part time basis (minimum 3 full days a week)
Main responsibilities of the Bookkeeper:
- Maintain Bookkeeping records for clients from a variety of industries with varying requirements
- Review Bookkeeping data
- Complete VAT returns for clients
- Assist the Accountants in the preparation of reports and reconciliations
- Direct client involvement
- Acting as point of contact for client queries and problems
- Working on-site if required
Candidate requirements for the Bookkeeper role:
- 5 years + experience in Bookkeeping
- Understanding and knowledge of Bookkeeping packages including Sage and Xero
- Advanced Excel skills - data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of complex reconciliations - CIS and VAT
- Knowledge of European VAT including import, export, reverse charge and distance selling rules
- Experience on different types of VAT schemes
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to hear more about it, please hit apply!
TwentyFour Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. If your skill set and experience matches the above ad then please apply today and if your CV is shortlisted a consultant will contact you to discuss the next stage of the recruitment process.