Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.45 - 5.15, Fridays 8.45 - 4.00
Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays, rising to a maximum of 25
Benefits: Bonus, pension and subsidised car parking
Our client, a leading firm of accountants, is seeking to recruit an experienced bookkeeper to its existing team
• Maintain books of accounts and reconciliations
• Prepare VAT returns
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes
• Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and book-keeping activities
• Maintain up to date complete and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records
• After probation period, potential to undertake book keeping work at client’s premises.
• Experienced Bookkeeper with skills in computerised bookkeeping, filing online of VAT returns, preparation of unincorporated business accounts for both management and year end purposes.
• Must be organised and systematic in their approach to work.
• Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
• Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary e.g. Sage, Landmark, Xero, MS Excel, Iris
• Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act. (preferred)
• Basic knowledge of business tax. (preferred)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• AAT or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience
• Good standard of English and Maths - A-C A level or equivalent
• Driving Licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job