An opportunity has arisen for a full or part-time Book-Keeper, to assist the busy Business Advisory department based in Colchester for a very impressive firm. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Book-Keeper seeking stability in an established local firm.
You will liaise directly with the Partners and Managers at the Colchester offices, as well as at clients' premises providing accounting support for small businesses. The main duties of the role will be:
- Book-keeping and VAT returns, using relevant accounting systems (including, but not limited to, Xero & Sage).
- Occasional visits to our client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns.
- To take calls and e-mails from clients who need assistance with their accounting systems, and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously (support will be available from colleagues and our own IT department).
- Hold the AAT qualification or equivalent or by experience.
- Experienced in Sage software.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Be familiar with cloud based accounting including Xero, although not essential.
- Self-motivated and client focused.
- Be able to work unsupervised and as part of the team.
- Able to prepare and submit VAT returns without supervision.
- Experienced in taking bookkeeping through to the preparation of management accounts and to trial balance level for year-end accounts preparation.
- Planning, organising and completion; the individual should be able to plan and organise their own work to complete within appropriate timescales and budget.
- Client focused to work towards and maintain a professional and good relationship with clients.
- Pro-actively address issues and resolve problems.
- To be able to work under pressure and prioritise.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role either apple directly now or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers.
- VAT returns
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job