Bid Manager (Home-Based)
Home Based (with some travel required)
Together we can make a real difference.
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive - where everyone can thrive.
We’re currently looking for a Bid Manager to join us on a full-time basis and help our charity win funding and enhance our services.
As a Bid Manager, you will provide experienced bid management support and guidance to the RVS Business Development and Operational teams.
Providing leadership, motivation and direction relating to tender and grant opportunities, you will create and deliver a tender plan and supporting strategy, as well as writing compelling and high-quality bids.
You will line manage the Commissioned Services Co-ordinator, performance managing their activities and conducting appraisals, and will work with colleagues to deliver high quality, successful tenders
To join us as a Bid Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing a tender plan in a relevant environment
- Experience in co-ordinating and writing bids
- Strong awareness of the tender/grant environment
- The ability to present complex information at a variety of levels, in person and on paper
- Strong influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency in IT Systems and using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and Outlook) to an advanced level
- To be a graduate and/or possess a relevant qualification and/or training
- A full, valid driving licence
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- A salary of £35,516 per annum
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built-in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award-winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks company sick pay
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as a Bid Manager, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for applications is 29th October 2021, with interviews scheduled for 9th November 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Please note, you will be required to travel to meetings on a regular basis.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Tender Manager, Bid Writing Manager, Senior Bid Co-ordinator, Bids and Tender Manager, or Proposal Manager.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'