BI Systems Developer
SearchBI are engaged with a leading analytics research agency based near Oxford assisting in their search for the next key appointment in the tech division. This is an exciting opportunity to progress to senior management, build and lead teams and ultimately help shape the business road map for this technically advanced business.
This is a dual role with system development on the one hand and an equally important Qlikview development function on the other. The role will have responsibility for the organisation's technical database platforms that feed into Qlikview, ensuring that these are designed and run at optimum efficiency.
Currently these are held in Access and supported with VBA programs. The plan for 2018 is to move all databases to a SQL Server platform, which will continue to integrate with Qlikview. The System Developer /Qlikview Developer will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the new platform; but with support from other technical resources. Maintenance of the SQL databases will be an ongoing part of the role. On a project by project basis this role involves Qlikview development with ultimate ownership of the planning, design and implementation of Qlikview applications.
- System Development
- Maintain and develop databases and user applications.
- build database reports to optimize and query databases, and the debug and testing of code.
- Be responsible for the transition of our databases from Access to SQL Server.
- Ongoing SQL Server database management and support
- Designing and implementing SQL database solutions
- Technical support
- Design and develop dashboards to meet customer requirements
- Participate in business requirements and design review sessions
- Create QlikView scripts and applications to extract data from several transactional systems
- Ensure all new dashboards are completed on time and to quality standards
- Maintain CAL databases and maximise allocation efficiency
- React swiftly and implement corrective measures whenever Qlikview issues arise within the company
- Support the project management team with incoming client Qlikview queries
- Keep up to date with new Qlikview products, upgrades and enhancements
- Attend Qlikview events
- Provide technical leadership in long term design of SQL and QlikView applications across the organisation
- Plan projects/schedule work amongst the team
- Weekly status reporting of all projects in development
- Ensure all technical staff adhere to quality guidelines and to technical operating procedures
- Ensure all technical staff adhere to DPA & MRS guidelines
- Attend weekly operational management meetings
- MS Access and VBA development skills
- SQL Server 2013 experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- A minimum of 1 year in developing Business Intelligence solutions using Qlikview or a similar BI tool such as Power BI or Tableau
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
- Access SQL QlikView QlikSense PowerBI Tableau BI Database VBA