Job Title:- Benefits Officer Location:- Rutland Salary/ benefits:- £20,000 - £21,000 Key Skills:-
- Working for a government organisation which is looking to recruit on a 2 year fixed term basis.
Benefits of this position:
The role of the Benefits Officer will be working in a benefit service delivery team, and processing for local council tax support and housing benefit.
The Benefits Officer will deal with customers by letter, Email, telephone and face to face and will provide up-to-date, quality advice to customers on Benefit matters.
- The Benefits Officer will have an understanding of and be able to advise customers about other Welfare Benefits.
- As the Benefits Officer you will maintain a detailed knowledge of Benefit legislation, including keeping up-to-date with all DWP Circulars and the use of the application systems.
- The Benefits Office will receive, verify, evaluate and process claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit within fourteen days and ensure that payment is made on account where appropriate.
- The Candidate for the Benefits Officer role will ideally already be working as a Benefits Office to ensure they have the up to date knowledge required for the role.
- The candidate will have the following skills for this role:
Ability to Plan And Organise Own Workload To Meet Targets And Deadlines
Ability to Deal With Sensitive Issues
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work as part of a team
Good Verbal and Written Skills
Excellent Listening Skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 7 days then your application has been unsuccessful. We will keep your information on our database and will be in touch should other suitable opportunities become available. Maloy & Flynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment consultancy for both temporary and permanent positions in Sales and Marketing, Engineering , Construction, Head Office Support, Administration, Apprenticeships, Customer Services and Call Centre. Please refer to our website for more opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job