Senior Benefits and Welfare Officer - Hampshire
Are you seeking the next step in your career? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Senior Benefits and Welfare Officer with a Local Authority based in the Hampshire.
You are expected to work within the Benefits and Welfare Team providing a modern, customer focused, efficient, effective and secure benefits service.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is seeking for the next step in their career as you will be able to support a junior benefits team. Northgate experience is a must.
You should have extensive experience:
- To calculate entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support in accordance with relevant legislation using computer systems provided to ensure customers receive their correct entitlements promptly.
- To give advice and assistance, in person and by telephone to customers regarding all welfare and benefit schemes in order to prevent homelessness and indebtedness.
- To ensure that service levels are maintained through quality and audit checks and workflow management.
- To have an understanding of Housing Benefit subsidy in relation to claims administration.
- To correctly assess claims made for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support from all sectors (local authority tenants, owner occupiers and private tenants) according to statutory schemes and to Department of Work and Pension legislation and within the agreed targets for the provision of the Benefits and Welfare Service covering the accuracy, time taken and number of claims/changes processed.
- To maintain a good working and up to date knowledge of all welfare benefits including knowledge of legislation relating to Housing Benefit, Universal Credit and Council Tax Support in order that accurate and up to date information is given to customers.
- To update claim details upon receipt of information relating to a change in circumstances including, where appropriate, amendments to Council Tax liability e.g granting/removal of discounts, vacation, amendment of liability on death of claimant etc.
- To understand overpayment recovery legislation and ensure that appropriate recovery action is taken in order to minimize overpayment creation and maximize recovery
You must be proficient with using the Northgate system.
Clients are looking for someone with an immediate start however, could delay the start date for the correct candidate, so please submit your CV promptly for consideration.
Please apply with submission of your CV and Abs Valentino from our London CPE office will be in Touch. For more information and a confidential chat about the position, please do not hesitate to call us on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.