Exciting opportunity to impact a reputable retailer on the high street, with equal online prescence. Due to growth, my client are looking to expand their fragrance offering, seeking a buyer with fragrance experience.
My client is one of UK's largest independent retailers, operating within the Health & Beauty Sector. As a multi channel retailer they are growing annually and now need to expand their buying department to cater to their ongoing expansion.
- Produce regular Buying Plans and provide summary analysis for purchase decisions.
- Place purchases orders with suppliers and ensure all item are supplied, especially promotional items.
- Understand items that are short & why and work to replenish stock using forecasting were possible.
- Produce monthly forecasts by product line after understanding sell thru' and stock holding
- Monitor suppliers pricing on top 200 sellers and flag up good buys.
- Calculate margins per fragrance item and understand stock levels before seeking approval for purchases.
- Review sales plans and provide buy plans for purchase decisions.
- Raise purchase order and check invoices to ensure suppliers deliver the correct stock level and check prices agree.
- Understand the buying and selling process to ensure transactions are completed priors to submission to the accounting department.
- Update and create new stock codes for new items and maintain all relevant descriptions for each product SKU.
- Work with brand owners to explore new opportunities and establish forecasts for delivery during peak period.
- Review all forecasts regularly (eg. Bi-monthly) to ensure forecasts represent actual requirements.
- Regularly meet with individuals in sales team to ascertain their customer requirements.
- Work with Category Managers to review customer sales, stock, etc. through their "trackers" to ensure in stock level meets their KPI requirements.
- Regularly review retail prices in customer stores to monitor price differentiation amongst retailers and impacts on our purchase cost.
- Monitor stock levels and ensure sales team is focused on stock reduction.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a buying related role.
- Excel experience essential and the ability to calculate profitability and margins.
- European languages an advantage, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
- Degree qualified and numerate.
- Stock analysis and stock forecasting experience desirable.
- Able to negotiate with suppliers at different levels.
A competitive Package with additional benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job