WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Working within the Shipping department reporting to the Import Manager this role with be responsible for the day to day processing of all overseas payments of goods against documents (CAD, DP sight and Letters of Credit).
In this role, you will:
- Processing bank payment documents received from banks and suppliers onto IMS, for DP sight, LC and CAD payments, accurately and within timeframes
- Ensuring correct documentation received for import and correct quantities shipped
- Obtain correct authorization from buying teams and directors for payment within timeframes
- Prepare posting payments to Accounts Payable so within agreed timeframes
- Instructing banks to pay DP sight and LC payments within timeframes
- Checking discrepant Letters of Credit and processing payment
- Correct coding and posting to accounts system within timeframes
- Recording and payment of buying commission invoices on to IMS
- Ensure timely and accurate filling of documents
- Resolving all queries in a timely manner
- Liaising with overseas suppliers and buying teams
- Processing Returns to Supplier as per procedures
- Assisting buying teams to claim money back from suppliers
- Keeping accurate records of money being claimed back from suppliers and ensuring that money owed is paid back
- Support the business on correct payment terms to be used
- Filing and archiving
- Check posting payments and process into Oracle from IMS
- Run period end accruals
- Run period end / monthly KPIs
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Experience working within Import/Export Dept either with 3PL, freight forwarder
- Experience working within Accounts dept and International Trade
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of International Trade
- The ability to work to targets, achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail, accurate when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships and work well in a team, but also able to work alone
- Ability to solve problems and take responsibility for resolution
- Possess a positive approach to change.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Discounted on-site gym
- On-site staff shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- RI Perks at Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job