Barking Havering and Redbridge NHS University Hospitals Trust (BHRUT) is currently recruiting for a Band 7 Emergency Planning Manager to work as part of the Emergency Planning Team.
BHRUT is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and our dedicated workforce of 6,500 staff and volunteers, serve our local population of around 750,000, from a wide range of social and ethnic groups.
We aim to deliver outstanding care for our patients and provide the best working environment for our staff. As a Trust there is a lot to be excited about; we are on a journey of improvement and are extremely proud to be one of only five trusts in the country selected to take part in the Virginia Mason Institute programme to transform the way we provide care for our patients.
The Emergency Planning Manager will be responsible for the daily management of BHRUT’s emergency preparedness, resilience and response functions, and to support the enhancement and embedding of the resilience culture across the Trust. This is an opportunity to work within a diverse and complex acute hospital environment, working across all teams and sites of operations.
Some of the duties that the successful candidate will undertake include:
• Manage the day to day implementation of our EPRR agenda, linked to the relevant organisational, local, regional and national objectives
• Have line management responsibility for allocated staff
• Undertake a range of emergency preparedness activities commensurate with their role, including hazard identification, risk assessment, emergency planning, training and exercising
• Lead in the development of emergency preparedness and organisational resilience across the Trust and its constituent organisations
• Review, interpret and assist in the implementation of new national policy, guidance and evidence related to health emergency preparedness and resilience
• Assist in the development and delivery of training programs for managers and staff within the Trust and its local partners
• Attend and contribute to local and regional multi-agency partnership meetings, representing the Trust where appropriate
• Work flexibly to support emergency response activities of the Trust including providing support to the Director on Call and Manager on Call, or at the Trust Major Incident Control Centre, if established as part of a major incident response
• Review, maintain and develop internal emergency response arrangements including operational procedures and technical systems designed to support the Trust’s emergency response
Candidates should carefully review the job description and person specification to ensure that they meet the essential criteria for the role before submitting an application.
All new staff appointed to posts at the Trust are subject to a probationary period. This will give the new staff member an opportunity to become familiar with the culture and working environment of the Trust.
Applications should be made online however, queries regarding the application process or assistance with completion of the form can be made to Amanda Vickers, Recruitment Advisor, on ext. 3861.
For queries regarding the vacant post or to arrange an informal meeting, please contact Keith Donnelly, Head of Emergency Preparedness, on .
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameKeith DonnellyJob titleHead of Emergency PreparednessEmail addressAdditional contact information
Keith Donnelly, email
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'