Backend Magento Developer
Xigen is an award-winning UK eCommerce agency with two decades of experience under its belt in creating high performance websites for a diverse client base of well-known global brands, multinational blue-chips, enterprise and SMB clients across multiple sectors.
Who we are
When it comes to us as individuals our moto, 'normal gets you nowhere', is particularly resonant. Our in-house, multi-functional teams are made up of creative and technical minds, people who love what they do and can apply their skill and work their craft with imagination and intuition.
Xigen people are a diverse bunch, whether it's channelling their inner nerd, showing off a flare for design or displaying high organisational skills, all working together in the creation, development and support of high-performance eCommerce websites that enable our clients' businesses to thrive.
The work we do varies quite a lot in type and scope. Here are just three examples to give you an idea:
- Optimising website performance, back and frontend, for clients such as media and entertainment motion capture specialist, Vicon, with conversion rate optimisation testing that has increased audience engagement.
- Helping niche retailers grow their eCommerce, as with Jacksons Art Supplies, creating new eCommerce capability and implementing design transformation which has seen a significant up-tick in their business
- Delivering major projects, such as a large-scale migration project for Epson Europe,including 15,000 pages being moved to their new website
As our Backend Magento Developer, you will be responsible for developing both new and existing eCommerce sites for a variety clients. If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code, then this job is for you. We’d love you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
A few of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing both new and existing applications
- Ensuring all code is tested and reviewed to the highest standards
- Clear communication with the team, and utilising project management tools such as Teamwork
Some of the skills it is essential you’ve got:
- Commercial experience developing with Magento
- Excellent MySQL experience
- Solid experience working with Linux based Terminals
- Experience working with Composer
- Excellent knowledge of Git
It would also be great if you had:
- Magento certified
What we offer
We are committed to creating a positive environment for all our people. You'll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you'll work in an environment where you are supported and developed. Here's a snapshot of the benefits:
- The money - We’re offering a salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 for the right candidate.
- 32 days holiday (including public holidays and a Christmas shutdown) - for time to properly unwind and recharge your batteries.
- Your birthday off - this is in addition to regular holiday time. Nobody should have to work on their birthday, right?
- Flexible working hours - our core hours are 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm, but other than that you can work when you want. It's your call.
- Hybrid working options - choose where you work, at the studio or remotely, or any combination to suit you.
- 5 professional development days - keep on top of your professional game with extra time, on us, to hone your skills and acquire new ones.
- Hot and cold drinks, plenty of fresh fruit and cakes available at the studio - a combination of healthy snacks and sweet treats to help keep you energised.
- Quarterly KPI bonus- we give everyone a generous quarterly performance-based bonus that rewards success.
- Everybody's equal- we treat everyone fairly and with respect. It's that simple.
Our commitment to inclusion
Please see point 9.
We're not nosey, but we do care. We take mental health seriously. That's why we have trained mental health first-aiders on hand to listen and support anyone who needs to talk about how they feel, about work, in their lives more generally, or about anything that's causing worry or anxiety—we know the positive impact that talking about how we feel has on our mental wellbeing.
Interested? Here's what happens next:
Research - We want to ensure that you are confident Xigen is a good fit for you—visit our website, do a little research, find out who we are and what we do.
Apply - Send us your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and where appropriate examples of your work—a polished portfolio or a doodle on a postcard are both fine.
Discuss - Next, we’ll have a chat over the phone to get to know each other and see if we’re a match.
Meet - Finally, you will have a formal face to face or virtual meeting with your potential manager, to get to know each other better and dive a little bit deeper into the role and your experience, followed by a straightforward assessment.
Feedback - We promise to let you know the outcome of your interview either way!
What are you waiting for? If you’d like the chance to join one of the UK’s fastest growing digital agencies, then hit apply and we’ll be in touch for a chat!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'