Front-End Software Developer (Python)
I am working with a large, dynamic and hi-tech company who are seeking a Python Developer to join their growing team. Our client is rapidly becoming an international leader in data solutions for diagnosing and treating genetic disease. Our philosophy is to create the most patient benefit from the advances being made in human genetics, and ensuring the security and ethical use of patient data.
The UK office is in the south of Cambridge. The entire campus covers an area of 125 acres and providing a beautiful environment to enjoy.
* Develop features and improvements for Sapientia - first class clinical genomics analysis platform
* Fix bugs for Sapientia
* Take part in requirements review
* Write design documentation for change
Knowledge, skills and abilities
* In depth development using ideally Python but will also consider C++ or Java
* Strong knowledge of frameworks such as Flask or Django
* Knowledge and experience of unit testing
* Experience of working in a software development team
* Strong relational database experience and knowledge (SQL, ideally Postgres)
* Web application development experience (ideally full stack)
* Strong knowledge of web technologies
* Portfolio demonstrating experience (eg. public contribution to open source projects)
* Familiarity with UNIX/Linux and working in the terminal (Bash, etc.)
* Interest in next gen sequencing and genetics, Biology
* Working within a quality system such as ISO 27001
* Familiarity with modern DevOps practices, continuous deployment with Docker, Jenkins, Mesos
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3)
* Awareness of common software vulnerabilities and software security best practices
* Experience of working on large, scalable single page front end applications - ideally with React.js or similar
* Experience with big data tools e.g. Hadoop
* 25 days of annual holiday, increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 30 days
* Performance related incentive scheme
* Pension through Royal London with 6% company match
* Optional private healthcare coverage through AXA PPP, with the ability to add family members. The company
* pays the annual premium for the employee, but the employee is responsible for the full cost additional family
* Income protection benefits Life insurance at 4 times salary (lump sum payment)
* Subsidised gym membership on site at the Sanger Institute
* Free parking
* Flexible working schedule (ability to work from home as needed)
* Perkbox, online benefits and wellness platform
The ONE Group
The ONE Group - With offices in Northampton, Peterborough and Cambridge - our recruitment divisions include; Accountancy, Executive, HR, IT, Office, technical and Executive recruitment. The ONE Group are the largest independent recruitment businesses across, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
Our recruitment experts provide specialist consultancy staffing services to some of the leading household brands across the Midlands and East of England. We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience.
The foundation of our success comes from our high level of customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This is recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job