AWS Engineer £700 - £750 per day - Financial Services - London
A London based financial organisation is looking for a highly skilled AWS Engineer to join their team, you will be responsible for engineering the AWS Core Cloud Services and the long term ownership of their strategic development. You will be expected to help drive the strategy, seek opportunities to collaborate with the other teams, especially Product SMEs, Infrastructure Architects & Delivery contacts in support of the Product roadmap.
You will play a key role in showcasing the cloud capabilities of the AWS core services available to the developers & application Product Owners.
- You will assist the development teams with architecture, design decisions, coding, trouble shooting and any other technical issues related to moving existing or creating new applications into AWS.
- Technical expert with responsibility of delivering secure, automated, self-serviced, innovative & cost efficient core services reliably and repeatedly into AWS using extreme programming methodologies aligned to the strategic roadmap set by the AWS Cloud Product Owner.
- Extensive technical understanding of all cloud based technologies, both from an infrastructure & development perspective ensuring practical experience can demonstrate this understanding to benefit influencing others to adopt cloud.
- Enable customers to understand & use the services in the most effective way to realise business benefit
- Drive change within the Delivery & Infrastructure teams through collaboration.
- Coach & support other team members through pairing, encouraging an open collaborative working culture
Experience / Skills
- Very strong infrastructure engineering background with extensive experience of AWS
- Experience delivering services that are loosely coupled, highly scalable & codes to cope with failure at every level.
- Excellent knowledge of creating & managing continuous delivery pipelines enabling continuous integration using test driven development with high coverage in a multi-tenant, full stack Production enterprise cloud configuration
- Full transparency of work with others to ensure maximum knowledge transfer & collaboration across the global teams. Highly motivated team player that forms strong relationships with colleagues with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A keen evangelist with interests in technology, security, cloud native application development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job