Automation Systems Consultant
Automation Systems Consultant
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
To undertake and deliver automation projects for clients, ensuring a high level of personal utilisation whilst ensuring the effective deployment and revenue growth of Schneider Electric Cross Technology Consultancy within the UK.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analysing and interpreting customer requirements to provide accurate quotations to ensure profitable growth
- Providing added value engineering design solutions to end customers, contractors and consultants
- Developing functional design specifications in line with customer needs
- Providing chargeable design advice for Automation systems, network topologies, software solutions, Cyber security
- Provide chargeable Automation system auditing services (M2C)
- Strong level of experience as Design Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Maintenance Engineer or similar position
- Commercial, technical and business acumen, particularly experience in complex project & solutions technical sales
- Experience in customer facing environments
- Willingness to travel to client sites, working in a wide range of installations including banks, data centres, electrical distribution sub-stations, hospitals, pharmaceutical plants, food and beverage manufacturing plants, etc
- Highly proficient and able to instruct others in the use of communication systems and protocols and PLC based programming languages IEC61131-3 and high level SCADA, MES platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent English, both written & verbal
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Member of a relevant engineering institution such as the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Experience with Energy Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job