In this role, you will be required to deliver planned assignments in accordance with the reporting cycle of Audit Committee. You will also need to build upon the team's reputation for exceeding expectations and achieve impact by contributing to the business plan through offering risk mitigation solutions, identifying redundant or duplicate practices and removing red tape.
The National Audit Office holds a unique position as being the UK's main public sector and government auditing body. It is highly influential, having a direct impact on decisions that are effecting our country and world.
Highly respected and known for its embracing of diversity, working for the national audit office will give you opportunities to flourish and grow, while completing varied, challenging and meaningful work that can have a real impact on the nation.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be a strong advocate for the Internal Audit services your team provides.
- Design and complete testing of risk-based audits.
- Design and complete risk based reviews on the core financial systems.
- Record sufficient and accurate evidence to support findings and conclusions in our final report.
- Conduct closure meetings with auditees prior to writing a draft report.
- Prepare draft reports for review.
- Attend Audit Committees.
- Maintain audit trails to demonstrate compliance with our Internal Audit manual.
- To maintain and develop personal and technical internal audit skills.
- To supervise junior staff when appropriate.
As the successful candidate, you must:
- Have a good understanding of risk-based audits.
- Be CCAB or CIIA Qualified (i.e. ACCA/ACA/CIA)
- Be a highly effective communicator, both written and verbally.
- Have strong analytical skills and the tenacity to work at pace.
- Be a self starter and confident in backing your own judgements.
- Have a proven track record of analysing the effectiveness of business processes.
The chance to work for the leading government-auditing organisation, known for it's integrity and the pride it takes in it's employees. The chance to learn from some of the best and develop your skills even further by gaining more responsibility and exposure.
- "Internal Audit" "Risk" "Government" "Public Sector"