CAS Behavioural Health has recently merged with Cygnet Healthcare to become one of the largest mental healthcare providers in the UK.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
We are seeking a Part Time Associate Specialist Doctor to join us at Cygnet Ealing on Sunrise Ward, our Female Eating Disorder Service. This role will be working 2 – 3 days per week.
Sunrise is a 17 bedded NHSE commissioned inpatient Mental Health service which provides specialist treatment and care for female patients who have a diagnosis of Eating Disorder. The service focus in on patient safety through stabilisation, engagement and psychological therapies.
• Assess patients and ensure appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment/medication under the Eating Disorder Consultants supervision
• Support the multidisciplinary team in providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery and you will be supported by a well-established and high reputable Eating Disorder Consultants and a Full Time Associate Specialist Doctor
• Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to the individual clients need
• Participate in treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly ward rounds and in other multidisciplinary meetings
• This post provides an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration or be eligible for registration
• Up to date knowledge / working experience within Eating Disorder Services
• The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment/experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
• The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development
• Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
• Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we’ll offer you:
• Salary: £30,000 (based on 15hrs per week)
• Support from Consultant Psychiatrists and multidisciplinary team
• Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
• Active participation in clinical governance
• The opportunity to undertake clinically relevant research, audit and contribute to the unit quality improvement initiatives
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Ola Adegoke (Clinical Manager) on to arrange a phone discussion or informal meeting with the Medical Director or Hospital Manager.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job