Research Manager or Associate Director for a large scale Health Survey
Ipsos MORI Public Affairs - The Social Research Institute (SRI)
We are the leaders in social research and bridge the gap between government and the public, providing robust research and analysis.
We cover broad issues that shape the delivery of public services in modern society and how to engage the public in the policy-making process. Our teams work for every single central government department, the devolved administration, regulators, agencies and the third sector. We work closely with the centre of government, as well as with policy-makers across Whitehall and in the wider political environment such as think tanks, the interested private sector and the media.
Our work has a direct bearing on the decisions made by government, organisations and citizens. We take that responsibility seriously and, because of this, do work of the highest quality that stands up to close scrutiny.
We are looking for a Research Manager or Associate Director to manage one of the largest, high-profile surveys within our Health and Social Care team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong project management skills to work closely with a notable public sector client, and make an impactful contribution to public services in the UK.
The right candidate would be someone with excellent client and organisational skill with an eye for detail to continue developing their research and project management skills further within a friendly and supportive team. A genuine passion for social policy and good communication skills are a must and the ideal candidate will have experience of working within a client-focused environment.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Being the main client contact - responsible for ad hoc client contact, weekly written updates and calls, attending and contributing to client meetings.
- Maintaining an overview of the whole project and its different strands, ensuring information is shared across the strands.
- Responsibility for meeting the timetable.
- Leading specific elements of the survey such as methodological design (with support from experts), questionnaire development and reporting. It will also involve retaining oversight of other strands, but without day-to-day involvement.
- Liaising with internal and external Operations teams.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the project and increasing its profile and impact.
- Managing the finances to deliver the project to budget and ensure forecasts are updated regularly.
- Delegating to and coaching junior staff, contributing to developing their careers within the project.
- Identifying ways we can do things better and efficiencies within the project
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- An experienced quantitative researcher
- Excellent project management skills, able to work to tight and demanding deadlines to deliver profitable work and assure quality of all outputs
- An analytical mind with close attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS and other packages
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and willing to work in a team, including delegating to and coaching junior colleagues, to ensure the common goal of client satisfaction is achieved
- Time management skills and able to prioritise tasks efficiently
- A background in social research an advantage
In return, we offer:
- A competitive package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to get involved with innovative approaches
Ipsos is one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 86 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organization, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide. Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We aim to be intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively.
Ipsos is an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.
- Project Management
- Quantitative Research
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job