ASSOCIATE CIVIL DIRECTOR
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Civil Director to manage an existing team in our clients' Nottingham office to grow their existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for housing development projects, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of client. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Based at their offices in Nottingham with over 25 staff covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, you will play an extremely important senior role delivering innovative solutions for our clients, whilst developing and strengthening our existing Civil Engineering team not only within the Manchester office, but throughout the entire Civils discipline within the company. With national offices and support from established engineering teams, and working alongside professionals from all other disciplines, you will develop a comprehensive view of the construction industry as a whole, whilst being involved with residential and commercial developments (including pre-planning infrastructure).
- Leading and growing the Civil Engineering discipline
- Manage existing clients and develop further opportunities
- Look to grow the group on the back of new and repeat clients
- Be responsible for resourcing and delivering to a financial target
- Oversight of the team's work to a high standard
- To ensure that the business generates and sustains profitable sources of income that are serviced to a standard that meets the requirements of the client and the internal standards of the Partnership
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Be responsible for delivering work to a pre-agreed budget
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Responsible for negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Construct teams from internal and external resources
- Lead the technical development of the group
- Experience with managing and developing a Civil Engineering team/discipline - coordinate workload, ensure delivery of quality product, act as key contact with major clients, etc
- Excellent business development skills with good client contacts - ideally currently operating in a similar position within a Manchester based consultancy
- Experience with designing a wide range of projects from conception through to completion (including calculations, drawings and specifications)
- Be proficient at design and happy to participate in productive work
- Educated to degree level and ideally a Chartered Engineer
You will have the technical skills, knowledge and experience to find creative solutions for even the most complex challenges and the ability to communicate these clearly to all parties.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
- Section 278
- Civils 3D
- Section 38
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'