Assistant Underwriter - Professional Risks - 12 Month FTC
Role - Assistant Underwriter - Professional & Management Risks
Contract - 12 Month FTC
Salary - £18,000 - £22,000
Location - Leeds
The role of the assistant underwriter is to work as part of the Renewal Connect team providing an excellent underwriting service for brokers in the UK. You will work as a member of a small team and be pro-active and willing to help brokers across all classes of business. You will be required to develop and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Monitor and analyse broker activity to identify success and areas for improvement and provide pro-active feedback to the team manager. You will have responsibility for renewals with a desire to be visible to our brokers through telephone engagement.
Duties and accountabilities:
- Provide and maintain a good level of underwriting, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of company guidelines and authority levels in order to achieve defined objectives.
- Underwriting risks in accordance within own personal level of underwriting authority
- Provide excellent service to our brokers, prioritising renewals and mid-term adjustments and referrals whether emanating from the broker e-trading platform, Acturis/ BIG systems or by email/phone to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure incoming calls to the team are answered promptly and professionally
- Diarise and follow up renewals with brokers with the purpose of securing and retaining business.
- Monitor broker usage of all e-trading platforms; encouraging brokers to utilise these systems and be able to demonstrate their benefits.
- Review broker generated activities and encourage broker to deal with by highlighting our product benefits and negotiating terms. Analyse broker performance and report findings to the team manager.
- Manage renewal cases working as appropriate with the broker to secure renewal and upsell/ cross-sell additional covers.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Technical teams in Leeds and the wider business.
- Maintain all aspects of broker data on the CRM system to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate for the team in accordance with the CRM working practices guide.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven relevant insurance experience and demonstrable technical skills.
- Background and experience in our classes of business is desirable, but not necessary.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience of e-trading platforms.
- Demonstrable IT skills including MS Office and our systems including the broker e-trading platform.
- Be studying for/or be willing to study for CII qualifications.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'