A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager in an innovative and rewarding environment. This role is available for immediate start. This challenging role promises good onward progression the successful applicant; you will need to show tenacity, ability to think on your feet and a passion for service. This luxury care village is a flagship site for our client and our commercial restaurant is the hive of activity for the residents. You will be joining a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
Earlsdon Park Village, Albany Road, Coventry, West Midlands,CV5 6JQ
Summary of Role
Our Assistant Manager will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Assistant Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
- Proactive management of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Assistant Manager we look for the following:
- A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
- A performance driven leadership approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressured environment through inspirational leadership.
- Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
- Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm.
- Someone with previous Chef Experience.
- Experience in a kitchen of a similar size.
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications.
- Experience working within a full table service restaurant.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as Head Chef for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Full time: Five days out of seven, 40hrs.
This role is FOH and BOH – the correct candidate must be experienced and flexible
Typical shifts include: 8.30-16.00, 1100 – 20.30, 16.00-22.45
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job