As an Assistant Category Manager within the group you will be assisting the Senior Category Manager develop the commercial relationships across our operating markets.
Working within this team, cross functionally and directly with suppliers you will be at the forefront in helping create and shape the changes within the market for stakeholders, markets and customers in this strategically led commercial role.
- Be aware of market/supplier activity alongside innovations and continually use this information to give broader insight around category performance/opportunities.
- Review Category Performance
- Develop an innovative a profitable product range inline with consumer demand
- Ensure that the category is always striving for a market leading offering across the markets.
- Lead and assist in establishing credible relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost, best supply and best delivery for our customers.
- Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
- Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
You will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
- A background in Buying, Merchandising, Category/Project Management at a junior/mid level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job