Picton West is working with an International company based in Chandlers Ford and together we are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on a Temp to Perm basis.
The Assistant Accountant will join a small friendly team with a relaxed, yet hard working, atmosphere. Although the company operates internationally, the office in Chandlers Ford has a SME feel with 15 staff based on site and a further 7 field based.
The role of Assistant Accountant will suit a candidate in a similar Accounting role taking accounts up to trial balance that is ideally AAT, part or full CIMA qualified or have a relevant amount of experience. Computer literacy, especially in Excel, is particularly vital for this role. You will work alongside the Financial Manager on all aspects of the UK accounts with an emphasis on high volume transactional reporting.
The main duties for the Assistant Accountant are:
- Full accounting & bookkeeping, including intercompany and control account reconciliations
- Manage accruals and Prepayments
- Manage Accounts Receivable function, including handling invoice related customer queries and chasing of outstanding debts. Some use of third party invoicing portals.
- Manage Accounts Payable, including supplier queries and payments. Some use of third party invoicing portals.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Daily cash receipts posting and reconciliation
- Handling of cheque remittances and preparation for banking.
- Manage Petty Cash
- Process employee expenses and credit card transactions
- Assist with month end close process, including reconciliations and journal entries.
Our client is offering a salary in the region of £26-30k. The benefits package includes free parking, private healthcare, company pension and 25 days holiday.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'