We’re looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the Financial Accountant and management team by completing important regular accounting tasks; allowing Citu to produce high-quality reporting that positively influences the wider business.
You’ll be helping to prepare budgets, maintain reports, prepare financial documents, perform bookkeeping and completing other key accounting duties.About us
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Processing of monthly utility bill runs and managing occupancy details
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Credit control of utilities, commercial and residential rents
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Monthly draft accounting production for input into Financial Accountant
- Reconciliation of supplier and customer ledgers
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Enthusiastic 'cando’ attitude;
- Methodical approach and attention to detail;
- Tactful and diplomatic;
- Ability to define and follow strict process;
- Excellent personal organisation; time management and the ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to be flexible with working hours and work later during busy times;
- Confident telephone manner
- Part AAT/ ACCA qualified
- Good working knowledge of Excel (SUMIF, VLOOKUPS)
- Solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping and accounting software
- You must have at least 2 years relevant experience within a similar position.
- GCSE English (level C or above)
- GCSE Mathematics (level B or above)
Candidates without these GCSEs need not applyHours and environment
- We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The 'usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
- We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete within 12 months. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.Job Type
Permanent. Full TimeDeadline
This post is available immediatelySalary
Competitive salary commensurate with individual’s experience.
No Recruiters Please
- Microsoft Excel
- Double Entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job