We are looking for a detail oriented, organised and deadline driven Assistant Accountant to join our busy European finance team. You would be joining a small, friendly team, based in Twickenham on a 6 month fixed term contract. Key to this role is your ability to assisting the Financial Accounting Manager in completion of key month-end and year-end tasks and ensuring processes are working effectively, in line with finance policies and controls.
You will instantly recognise our globally celebrated brands including Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Lindeman’s and our newest brand, Blossom Hill. At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. Individuals who trust their instincts, roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, driving and delivering results. We embrace an environment where you can be yourself and develop your career. TWE is an organisation where the sky’s the limit.
What will you do as Assistant Accountant?
- Month-end and Year-end Support
- Upload daily sales files received from Nordics distributors into finance system
- Post manual journals - ensuring that these have been correctly coded, approved and posted as per month-end timetable
- Complete month-end balance sheet reconciliations including bank, accruals and prepayments. Monitor completion of reconciliations by other owners as per timetable.
- Assist with automation of balance sheet reconciliations using Blackline system
- Assist with upload of JDE data into Hyperion group reporting system at month-end and forecast/budget cycles
- Assist with collating information for external auditors
- Preparation and posting of invoices for non-stock inter-company recharges
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances with counter-parties at month-end
- Settlement of inter-company balances and calculate/post resulting FX gains/losses against AUD, EUR, USD, SEK and NOK
To be our next Assistant Accountant you will have:
- Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA) or AAT qualified or membership of a recognised accountancy body
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of JDE and HFM an advantage
- Previous experience in similar role
This is an excellent time to join Treasury Wine Estates, offering a competitive salary and great benefits such as private medical, 25 days holiday, flexible working, pension scheme, travel insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, wine allowance, learning and development and much more. We aim to be the world’s most celebrated wine company and we invite you to apply online today to join us on our journey.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Treasury Wine Estates recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Reconciliations
- Intercompany Transactions
- Month End Close
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job