Our prestigious Client based in Leeds are looking for a Assistant Accountant to join their friendly and busy team. Their extensive range of shower trays are all manufactured independently in the UK from their factory in Leeds, West Yorkshire. They have been designing, innovating and producing trays for nearly 30 years, cementing their position as the UK’s number one shower tray manufacturer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Financial Director the Assistant Accountant is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of departmental procedures.
To prepare and process the weekly payroll; process the general ledger, accounting and internal auditing functions; and act as backup for other staff in the Finance Department.
- To set up new accounts in general ledger; reconcile selected general ledger accounts; and write journal entries for reclassification of expenses as needed
- To prepare monthly budget reports; be a point of contact for all financial contracts; be the contact person for department inquiries concerning budget and actual expenses
- To perform reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts as requested by the Financial Director
- To prepare monthly billing for accounts receivable, and ensure timely billing and receipt of payments
- To manage the payroll function, including the preparation and completion of weekly and annual payroll and accounting reports as required
- To assist with budget and audit preparation as assigned
- To ensure that the that the regulatory requirements of all relevant statutory bodies are met
- To ensure the continued implementation of the department’s Quality Procedures.
- Positive, can do attitude, with a strong work ethic
- High standard in computer literacy
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
- Able to perform accounting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, in compliance with guidelines established by outside agencies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people.
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application. Red Rock Partnership Ltd are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback.
If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest.
- Computer Literate
- Exceptional verbal