Assistant Accountant - OE Business Assistant
25 hours per week over 5 days
Burton on Trent
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our small but busy Original Equipment (OE) Sales department in Burton on Trent. Reporting to the OE Business Partner, you will primarily provide support in the provision of credit management on key OE accounts, along with providing an efficient finance and business analysis support service, focusing specifically on OE Sales.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily credit control ensuring the company credit policy is followed
- Manage customer enquiries and complaints in a timely manner
- Process cash receipts on a daily basis as per customer remit
- Building and maintaining relationships with key accounts whilst successfully recovering monies
- Supporting and managing month end reporting, reconciliation and age debt
- Query resolution in order to facilitate payments from the OE customers
- Managing and reconciling customer price differences
- Assisting the OE Business Partner with Raw Material Movements and trend analysis as well as ad hoc duties
- Monthly reporting on credit levels
- Able to reconcile retroactive payments
To be successful in this role, a good level of general education is required, along with being part or fully qualified in a recognised accounting qualification eg AAT, ACCA. Experience in a Finance department is essential, with any Credit experience advantageous. Experience of working within a commercial environment is also essential.
As OE Business Assistant, you will be responsible for using online portals and analysing data, so you will be confident with using IT/technolology and possess a high level proficiency in Excel.
Given the nature of the role, you’ll be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels within the organisation, whilst also being able to establish, develop and maintain relationships. Your communication skills should therefore be excellent.
Our environment can be quite pressurised, so you will need to be fully flexible, able to meet deadlines which can often change at short notice, whilst being able to pick up and learn processes very quickly.
In return we offer a competitive salary together with a good employee benefits package.
This role will close on 21st January 2019.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'