Assessment Centre Manager
£38,000 + Private Medical Insurance + Life Insurance + Pension Contributions.
Monday - Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm
This role is with our Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA), which operates the Health Assessment Advisory Service for the UK government with 2,000 staff across 150 locations.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) needs health information about people claiming benefits. This is done by an assessment process. The purpose of the assessment is to understand how an illness or disability affects our customers daily life. We arrange and carry out the assessments for DWP this takes place within one of a 150 Assessment Centres which you will be responsible for.
The Assessment Centre Manager is a Manager role within Operations, reporting to the Area Manager.
The AC Manager is the single point of accountability for delivery of volume, quality, and applicable service level performance targets of an AC or a group of smaller ACs. The role is responsible for leadership and oversight of AC operations, including assessments, admin activities, customer service, facilities, and health & safety.
Essential Job Duties:
• Ensure that the volumes, quality, and applicable service levels are delivered to agreed target levels
• Deliver team objectives and performance against targets through robust performance management methods
• Facilitate communications which support delivery
• Monitor high level administrative workflow to ensure administrative teams have all processes in place to ensure assessment delivery
• Work with Area Manager to drive continuous improvement and disseminate though team
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints and escalate serious complaints as required
• Communicate changes in assessment procedures and best practices (healthcare-based and administrative) to teams (with support of Team Performance Leader(s) Clinical Standards Lead(s) if required)
• Ensure Team Performance Leader(s) or Clinical Standards Lead(s) have in place appropriate healthcare-related mentorship and coaching to support delivery of quality targets
• Ensure Team Performance Leader(s) or Clinical Standards Lead(s) follow appropriate processes to escalate clinical questions and communicate resolution
• Support the continuous professional development of staff and encourage shared learning
• Responsible for effectively and proactively managing absences to minimise ad hoc and ongoing absence
We want talented operations experts who want to put their skills to good use and give their energy to something worthwhile.
If you want to make a real difference at work join us!
- Communication Skills
- Team Leader
- Workflow Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job