An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based near Eye, SUFFOLK. This company is a global market leader in engineering, manufacture & supply of its goods. For more information on the company please contact Cassy at Galaxy Personnel Ltd (details below).
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director/Regional Business Manager
Salary: negotiable depending on experience with company benefits.
Holidays: 23 days rising to 25 days plus statutory.
Customer service, commercial responsibility and teamwork are core values of the Company and the Area Sales Manager will utilise these values to develop and manage the territory in line with the business strategy of the Company. The development, training and support of the existing Distributor network and customers with the identification of potential new strategic partners in the area.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITES
• To manage, develop and train Distributors in the territory on specification sales using company USPs, quality and Brand leverage.
• To ensure that the required level of support is made available to Distributors and that targets set are achieved in respect of the products represented in the designated markets.
• Deliver the Company’s strategy in the assigned market territory.
• To ensure that pricing is maintained to achieve agreed sales target
• To liaise with Distributors, Customers and the Company's Engineering Department (as necessary) to ensure the correct specification is obtained that represents the Customer's requirements.
• To carry out commercial negotiations under the supervision of senior management to secure orders which are commercially, contractually and logistically acceptable to the Company.
• To ensure that essential information required to make meaningful progress of quotations and orders is available on handover to the Internal Sales and Project Management Departments.
• To find, appoint, train, motivate and monitor new Distributors for the Company’s products.
• To regularly report and update sales activity in the area to the Regional Business Manager/ Sales & Marketing Director.
• To provide regular updates, as necessary, on competitor activity and market strategy.
• To manage Distributor Agreements in line with Company’s procedures.
• To prepare monthly forecasts and report with an overview of the territory in terms of orders, sales, competitor activity, market trends, trade shows and recommendations for improvement.
• To support the Regional Business Manager/ Sales & Marketing Director in the preparation of the annual budget.
• To conduct regular business reviews with each Distributor with regular feedback on performance and development action plans to the Regional Business Manager/ Sales & Marketing Director.
• To lead the Company’s presence at regional trade exhibitions.
• Control of promotion and travel within budgeted costs in the areas for which you are responsible.
• To carry out any other duties that
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Strong leadership, delegation, time management and communication skills.
• The ability to interpret technical enquiries to enable accurate and cost effective quotations to be delivered.
• Strong presentation, numeric reasoning and communication skills.
• Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good administrative skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
• Able to read and understand CAD drawings.
• The ability to work to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Proven work experience gained within an external sales role in a multicultural international business.
• Experience working through a distributor sales network.
• ONC, HND or a degree would be advantageous or equivalent work experience in a related role.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• The ability to develop close business relationships.
• A strong work ethic with a willingness to undertake extensive international travel is required.
• Open style and team player.
• A second language, particularly Spanish, would be advantageous.
***Please send CV's along with a cover letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role***
Cassy at Galaxy Personnel Ltd -
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job