Our client is a successful, award winning, multi-disciplinary design company who are currently seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist to join their team based in Northwood.
The business focuses on 7 key revenue streams:
1. Architects service as a RIBA Chartered Architects practice
2. An Interior Architecture design consultancy offering advice & detailed product specifications to high-end residential (private / show home) and developer clients
3. Complete Interior Design service to discerning private clients and developers
4. Comprehensive Show home design and installation
5. A dedicated Furniture, Lighting and Interior Design showroom
6. A dedicated Tiling Studio offering a vast selection of unique tiles
7. A full Design and Build Service
They are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the UK of high-end residential new build and refurbishment of existing buildings.
- To support the Architects Director and the team on private residential and luxury developer client projects, from post planning stage, through the detailed design stages, and to completion on some projects; all in accordance with the client’s brief and within the time scales given
- As the position will be of key importance within the practice, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organize their workload and produce production information to comprise Building Regulations and tender drawing packages in a timely manner
- Good communication skills are a must and coupled with sound technical knowledge of the construction processes
- Permanent full-time basis and ideally with immediate start.
- To work on high end residential projects working directly under and by the side of the Director
- Drawing packages to comprise: GA’s plans sections and elevations with construction details etc. with full coordination of Architects drawings with the M&E, Structural and other consultants
- Work and assist on multiple projects at one time
- Site visits may also be required to assist the team
- Ability to produce detailed architectural drawing packages AutoCAD software and Revit is preferred
- UK qualified with at least 5 years UK experience with sound knowledge of drafting working drawing packages to comprise detailing drawings for building regulations, tender and construction purposes
- IT literate, proficient in Word, Excel & Outlook
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential and using Revit is preferred
- Knowledge of Google Sketch-Up would be an advantage
- Well-presented and personable, with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team-spirited with a bright & confident personality
- Able to work on own initiative, multi task and to juggle a changing workload
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full UK driving license and own car is essential - there is NO public transport to or from the studio
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group / department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the successful candidate to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with successful candidate.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary subject to experience: £25,000 – £32,000 per annum
- Staff discount scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- 4 weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
You must have an excellent portfolio showcasing your Technical drawing experience and examples of working construction drawings you have produced. Positions are offered on a 4 week contract trial basis, will be converted to a full time permenant vacancy following successful completion of the trail period. The salary is dependent on experience, and ideally looking or someone to start immediately.
Please email over your Portfolio and CV to
If you would like to apply for this position, please call Workstream's Bicester head office on (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'