Fantastic contract position available for an experienced Architectural Technician or Architectural Technologist working with a leading design and engineering practice on an initial 6 month basis in London. As the successful Architectural Technician or Technologist, you will be working on exciting major projects in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sectors, and will have a number of important roles and responsibilities. You will be required to:
- Produce schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in line with necessary quality and standards
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
- Take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables where necessary
- Preparing and providing fee estimates where required
- Carrying out site visits
- Participating in project meetings, liaising closely with clients and suppliers
The essential skills, experience and attributes required for this role include:
- HND or foundation degree in Architectural Technology, construction or the built environment
- Demonstrable experience with production detailing on large complex projects
- High level of proficiency with the use of AutoCAD, Microstation and/or Revit software
- Experience using 3D Studio Max and Sketch-up would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of relevant UK building regulations and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Architectural Technician or Architectural Technologist to join an award-winning practice and assist with exciting major Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Science projects, alongside an innovative team of professionals.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on or email Hannah.McMillan @ Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12987. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job