Multi-Trades Recruitment are looking for an architectural technician (CIAT Certified) based in the Essex area. this is a great opportunity to work for an exciting company working with well-known clients with the hospitality and retail sector.
- HNC or HND in construction, architectural technology or building studies is a MINIMUM requirement (higher qualifications are a bonus)
- Minimum 2 years experience in architectural technology
- Planning and organisation skills
- Good team player
- Logical approach to problem solving
About the role:
- Meet with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief;
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues;
- Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures
- Assess what surveys measured building surveys are required before work can commence and ensure such surveys are undertaken and their results are fed into the project;
- Develop project briefs and work on these as the project progresses;
- Prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and other design software,
- Lead the detailed design process and coordinate design information;
- Advise clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking;
- Liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval;
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
- Carry out design-stage risk assessments;
- Assist in the administering contracts and project certifications;
- Manage the work of trainee technologists and contribute to the overall workflow.
- Obtain feedback from clients and people using the design, and report on the performance of the contractors and consultants.
- Appraise the performance of designs which are in use and produce maintenance management information.
- Evaluate and advise on refurbishment, re-use, recycling and deconstruction;
- Follow client brand manuals to ensure compliance to design brief.
- Complete weekly invoice sheets to indicate completed works which can be invoiced.
If you feel that this role suits you then please apply with an up to date CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job