Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The Business are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, the business has been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across 25 global sites. There are seven manufacturing facilities, one situated on every continent. The company focuses on industrial gearboxes, power transmission, rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the world.
Acting under the direction of the Engineering Manager, to work flexibly within the Engineering team on assigned gearbox application, design & development projects and activities including generation of technical proposals.
The scope of the tasks will primarily comprise/address the concept mechanical design of gearbox components and assemblies, but will include other supporting systems and equipment such as couplings, instrumentation, lubrication, materials selection and test rig design for example as necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Engineering design of geared transmission systems and components.
- Developing proposal schemes and/or re-engineering of existing designs for new applications.
- Design of test equipment and procedures for gearboxes.
- Creating cost effective and innovative design proposals, solutions and layouts across and beyond the current range of company products. Act as customer technical interface on assigned projects.
- Working with & supporting other team members, including those in adjacent disciplines including Analysis & Development.
- Workload planning, forecasting and input to control/performance measures for assigned project activities.
- Strong core design skills, competence in materials selection, gear rating, shaft and bearing analysis, rotordynamics as well as other drive system elements including structural components, couplings, lubrication systems, relevant instrumentation and control systems.
- 2 & 3D CAD usage at expert level, Solid Edge preferred. Create component and assembly drawings. Drawing checking. BOM and gear data generation and engineering change control processing.
- At least 3 years in a relevant engineering design role.
- Understanding of product design and analysis methods.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply.
- Power Transmission
- Rotating Equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job