Job Title:Application Support Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Tower Court, Coventry CV6 5NX
Brief description of the role:
Based in Coventry, you will report into the System Support Team Leader and join a seasoned team of 4 other SME's and 4 DBA's with the responsible for supporting several key applications aligned to the TFL business unit.
The applicant will need to possess a strong work ethic, strong problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude and flexible approach, ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organisation along with a knowledge of software support, and excellent data analysis skills.
- Act as SME for key applications and technologies
- Act as escalation for FrontLine team
- Driving improvements on applications and removing manual effort and tasks through effective Problem Management
- Owning issues with suppliers' applications and working through to resolution
- Leading supplier technical reviews
- Leading projects
- Working with environment manager to ensure that applications are aligned between environments
- Proactively deal with tickets assigned to the team
- Analyse systems and data to investigate and resolve reported system and data issues.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Experience supporting Enterprise Applications to an SME level
- Supporting Applications on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher
- Knowledge of working within an ITIL environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Work without supervision and under pressure
- Strong organisation skills and able to prioritize and coordinate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Familiarity with key technologies and protocols:
- SqlServer Stack on Microsoft SqlServer 2008 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher
- Powershell, SQL
- SFTP, XML, SOAP
- BizTalk, Service Fabric or Azure Integration Services is a distinct advantage
- Any experience of the following Applications
- WSP Taranto
- Kapsch Image Processing System
- Amdocs Compact Convergence
- Implementation or administration of an enterprise monitoring solution (PRTG, Solarwinds APM / Managed Engine APM / BMC etc…)
- Familiarity with relevant technologies:
- Oracle 11g or higher including PL/SQL
- HDS technologies incl. HCP
- *Unix, Bash, Python, Perl
- Office365 incl. Administrating an O365 group
- Familiarity with relevant technologies:
About Capita TfL
Capita have worked with Transport for London (TfL) since2014, we manage London's Congestion Charging Zone, Low Emission Zone and Traffic Enforcement Notice Processing activities for our client. From April 2019, we will also oversee the new Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the systems, as well as all front and back office processes on TfL's behalf. Together, we're helping reduce traffic congestion and improve the service TfL provides its customers by allowing them to reinvest all proceeds back into their services. By joining us, you'll be helping our mission to support TfL in their journey to realise the Mayor of London's ambitious plans to protect Londoners from the damaging health impacts of air pollution.
Capita TfL are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customer's needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising with length of service), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'