Application Support Analyst - Sheffield
Our client are one of the fastest growing IT Software businesses in the UK. Specialising within Microsoft Dynamics technology they are rapidly growing and are now one of the top 5% of Dynamics NAV Gold Partners in the UK.
This role is offering progression within a growing company, so would suit someone who is supporting applications at present (ideally supporting ERP and CRM applications), and feels like they want to further their learning and doesn't have the opportunity to do so at present.
Take a look at the general duties below, and if you're doing similar at the minute, and want to discuss this opportunity further, get in contact!
The Application Support Analyst will provide an exceptional service to customers relating to Dynamics NAV, Dynamics CRM and other similar products.
You will need to assess the complexity of an issue and either deal with it yourself or escalate it to a senior colleague. You will ensure that all calls are logged into the helpdesk system, and progress notes are added to all calls.
You will be expected to manage the timely resolution of open calls and advise of your actions to the customer. It is also important you are able to form excellent relationships with all customers understanding both their IT and business needs.
You will pro-actively identify potential problems and issues on customer sites and investigate if these problems could occur on other sites. Potential opportunities to replace or implement new solutions or equipment to our customer’s sites should also be identified. The role involves the research and development of internal systems, liaising directly with the company directors about new technologies and market developments.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Requires an outgoing and confident personality who enjoys talking with people by telephone with a patient and clear manner.
- Must have a logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong business relationships with the client at all levels.
- Must be able to handle pressure and the continued demands of clients for help and support on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of supporting applications, ideally an ERP or Accounting Package, even more ideally MS Dynamics NAV!
- Some experience of financial processes and accounting to Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & Trial balance level preferred.
- Track record of managing a workload and being able to prioritize tasks based upon severity and importance.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems Server 2003 or later.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later knowledge of how to backup and restore databases, use of SQL for queries and updates.
- Good understanding of business processes.
What's on offer
Salary from £21K - £28K depending upon experience for the right person plus a full development plan to enable growth in this role that will include in-house and external training.
Contact Danny at Dynamics People for more information
- Application Support
- Technical Support
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ERP Software
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job