Application Support Analyst (Flexcube)
Application Support Analyst (Flexcube)
Our client, a leading international bank, is seeking an experienced Application Support Analyst (Flexcube) for their technology team.
Purpose of role:
The role of an applications support analyst is to provide both an operational and process support function as well as maintaining primary and peripheral banking systems. In addition to ongoing problem/functional resolution, periodic application enhancements and patch upgrades. The position also requires close interaction with all business areas, and a good understanding of core banking functionality (Flexcube).
Primary Responsibilities of Role:
As Application Support Analyst you would be expected to perform functional support duties and provide assistance to users on a range of core banking, online banking and other business applications.
The opportunity is for a 2nd/3rd line applications support person with a proven and demonstrable applications support or development background specifically in the banking industry. The opportunity to work in a very diverse IT environment, take on extensive responsibilities and work in both ongoing support and project capacities. Understanding of software development lifecycle and logic flow of programming language.
The applicant would be expected to have substantial experience in report writing within a banking environment, and had prior exposure to Business Objects Freehand query language.
- Carry out day to day support, maintenance and administration on all the bank’s application systems and interfaces.
- Resolve any application issue that does not involve coding
- Investigate and resolve banking application end-user and system issues.
- Maintain existing and develop new Business Objects report as per business requirements.
- To provide Flexcube and Flexcube Direct Banking functional support to users how they interface to the banks application systems.
- Escalate issues to Head of IT where appropriate. Ensure support calls are logged, updated and followed through to resolution.
- Familiarity with source code and change management
- Provide support for, and perform, the daily End-of-Day batch processing operation for Flexcube
- Take ownership of issues and liaise with 3rd party vendors when required on Business requirement documentation on Upgrades and Functional enhancements
- Carry out upgrades and system application changes as required and to agreed standards and procedures.
- Assist in and lead project activities when required.
- Familiarise themselves with the network/hardware infrastructure within the bank, and all applications, and fully understand the interfaces and interdependencies therein.
- Maintain IT procedures and technical documentation.
- Involve in the Release management activities with regards to Core banking and other applications.
- Assist in doing SIT for the core banking application issues as well as for new changes that are undertaken within core banking and other applications.
- Assist in preparing necessary documentation for the change request that are within the scope of IT.
- Functional Experience in Flexcube, Business object Reporting, Oracle PL&SQL or Flexcube Direct is required
- An ability to 'think outside the box’ and look for creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong Analytic skill set.
- Excellent communication skills; proven experience in communicating to senior leadership
- Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Must be able to demonstrable interest in financial modelling
If you are seeking a new challenge of 2018 and have the above opportunity appeals to you, please contact us immediately.
- Business Objects
- Functional Support
- Batch Processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"