Application Service Developer
Leading client in the leisure/hospitality industry located close to the colne and north yorkshire area, is recruiting a number of application service developers to work within the Application Service Team to support the business by identifying and fixing defects in internally developed and managed software and web applications, and excellent, consistent customer service and support experiences to all customers, internally and externally.
This is a new team and the role will offer lots of scope to input your ideas, and to move into 3rd line support, nd longer term career progression into development, but you must be happy for the medium term in a pure application support role. There will be opportunity to develop new applications for the business in the longer term
As an Application Service Developer key accountabilities will include:
- Drive excellent customer experiences by adhering to ITIL based processes and suggesting process improvements across the service space
- To develop code fixes or data scripts in response to customer identified live issues or service needs
- Manage fixes through the QA and development cycle into a standard release as part of normal release process Evaluates the need for emergency changes and corresponding hotfixes in collaboration with the business and supports the related RFC, communication and deployment activities as needed
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Triage new tickets effectively and gathers all additional information needed from end users or other support teams in order to do this
- Analyse all requests and incidents to determine if there are other, better ways to service the need or to manage out future requests; highlights these within the team and promotes them to the customer
- Maintain personal responsibility for incident resolution when tickets move between teams during the incident process or formally hands over such responsibility if appropriate
- Acts as an ambassador for the wider department by developing broad business relationships and providing great communication experiences to all customers
- Keep users up to date proactively on all tickets
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Application Service Analysts or Developers
As an Application Services Developer you should have development experience using C#, ASP.NET, SSRS and other reporting platforms, excellent communication skills verbal and written, and an appreciation and understanding of high volume transactional systems and associated software architecture.
On offer is a basic c25k-30k + 5% bonus and a range of benefits. Our client has a great work ethic and culture and is committed to staff development and training.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job