Analytical Chemistry Supervisor/ Manager £c40k + Benefits
South East ABJ2965
As an analytical chemistry supervisor/ leader for a global team reporting to the technical manager you will coordinate technical work programs associated with multiple projects with responsibility for project management and delivery of technical objectives. You will have a detailed understanding in specific related technical areas and is able to apply this knowledge effectively and bring new thinking to the organisation in these areas. As an analytical chemistry supervisor you will works closely with a team of other technical staff and is expected to have contact with various internal and external customers. As a strong analytical chemistry supervisor you will offer improvements efficiencies in current methodologies and instrumentation of the lab with strong emphasis on GC-MS, LC and HPLC . As analytical supervisor you will have to be able to deputise for the analytical manager when required.
- To take day to day responsibility for laboratory safety and to ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's SHE directives.
- Plan, deliver and administer analytical projects and requests.
- To be responsible for the development of new analytical methods.
- To provide expert analytical support to Operations and Customers related to the chemistry, processing and applications of the Companies’ products.
- To support the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company's high standards are maintained.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, LC-MS HPLC and FTIR equipment in the analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Lead lab staff to ensure a high quality of day-to-day work output
- Supervision of junior team members
- Opportunity to play a lead role in implementation of ISO 17025 accreditation
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a BSc in chemistry (preferably analytical).
- Relevant analytical chemistry work experience
- Supervisory / managerial / team leader experience
- Experience in method development using GC-MS, LC and HPLC.
- Some knowledge of the following techniques, pyrolysis, thermal desorption and headspace, FT- IRGPC (gel permeation chromatography) with viscometery, RI and light scattering detectors, micro chamber, GC-FID, purge and trap and DSC (differential scanning calorimetry).
- Some background/experience of ISO 10725 environment
We can offer an attractive salary, including Profit Related Bonus Scheme, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ2965
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job