Are you currently an Analytical Chemist operating within the scientific industry and looking for a new career challenge?
Or are you graduate with some analytical experience looking for new opportunities?
Do you want to become a well-rounded Analytical Chemist within the pharmaceutical industry?
My client is a growing organisation focused delivery of world class testing services to the biopharmaceutical industry and due to expansion they have an exciting opportunity for a Chemist to join the business.
You will have ample opportunities to learn new skills and be cross trained across different analytical and method development techniques.
If you are serious about your career development then this opportunity is likely meet your expectations.
The main responsibilities are to carry out biochemical analysis of laboratory samples and biological materials. All analysis must be carried out in accordance with approved methods, ensuring Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Role & Responsibilities
* To undertake physical and chemical analysis of incoming raw materials, in-process bulk materials and finished to the approved specification.
* Assist in the analysis of batches of product for routine physical tests where appropriate, and primarily chemical tests (dissolution, HPLC, GC etc.)
* To carry out chemical testing in accordance with approved methods such as HPLC, FTIR, GC, KF and LC-MS.
* Testing the appropriate materials or product to the approved specification and methods.
* Complete Laboratory documentation as appropriate, maintaining accurate records.
* Be responsible for one's own work area, ensuring glassware, standard solutions, mobile phases etc. are clearly labelled.
Qualification, Skills & Experience
* Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related Life Sciences subject area.
* Experience using techniques such as HPLC, GC-MS and LC on biochemical or pharmaceutical samples.
* Method Development experience with UHPLC or LC-MS/MS is advantageous.
* Ability to critically evaluate SOPs to make test method recommendations.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
Key words: HPLC, GC, NMR, ICP, Ion Chromatography, cGMP, Chromatography, Analytical Testing, Quality Control, QC, Pharmaceutical, Stability Testing, GLP, GMP, Assay analysis, Drug impurities, Wet Chemistry, Formulation, Product Development, Method Development, R&D.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job