This Analyst will be a member of the Corporate Provider and Market Oversight Team which will be responsible for ensuring the business fulfils its new regulatory duty. This Analyst will undertake pivotal financial risk analysis, partner with corporate providers and prepare sustainability reporting packs to aid the Market oversight function.
From 2015 our client has taken on a new regulatory duty for market oversight of an estimated 40 to 60 corporate providers in adult social care. Its purpose is to protect people in vulnerable circumstances from the effects of the failure of difficult to replace adult social care providers. This is to be achieved through monitoring the quality performance and financial sustainability of providers in the scheme, in order to provide early warnings of potential business failure to local authorities. The scheme is not intended to prevent providers exiting the market, but rather to support local authorities to ensure continuity of care to service users and reassure people in vulnerable circumstances should a provider exit the market due to business failure.
- Undertake financial risk analysis
- Prepare financial sustainability reporting packs capturing risk assessment decisions
- Monitoring financial ratios and trends, capitalisation, cash flow and liquidity and cash balances to determine likelihood of business failure
- Partnering with corporate providers
- Collate market intelligence
- Lead on the development of ad hoc projects
- To advise and proactively contribute to wider business matters, and feed into business development and quality improvement initiatives
- Qualified accountant with strong numerical, accountancy and financial analytical expertise, and up to one year post qualified experience
- ACA or CIMA or other similar accounting qualification
- Strong IT & data manipulation skills, including Excel proficiency
- Financial analysis experience in either a management accounting, transactions services or restructuring environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to present an articulate complex financial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work / life balance
- Central London location
- Varied and stimulating work content
- 35 days annual leave
- Significant pension contribution scheme
- Flexible working
"Public Sector and Government" "London" "Analyst"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job