Night Shift Support Operator. Normally starting midnight.
Department/Location: DE55 Derby
Summary of Position:
This night shift role ensures our clients interests are represented within the warehouse Processing Centre. A key role is to support the warehouse Processing team, building working relationships, becoming the night shift point-of-contact and support.
The role requires making checks to ensure processes and requests are followed and discussing with the night shift management team if this is not the case. Also, to help with queries and ensure the shift is fully supported.
Some data/stats/information will need to be recorded throughout the shift, and a formal written/verbal handover to the Day Shift team will be completed.
During the night shift, this role will be the central point of contact & escalation point.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
1. Checking Airfreight dispatch Pallet Fills = Pallets to be full, no wasted space whatsoever, conduct checks throughout the shift to maintain this.
2. Become a stage-gate to ensure no Airfreight despatch Pallets leave the site without 100% fill.
3. Ensure actual weights are captured for airfreight pallets, ensure all cut-down dimensions are captured.
4. Ensure Inbound parcel deliveries are to plan, recoding issues and feeding back information in a concise manner.
5. Help out with the capture of parcel dimensions for over-sized parcels - >1m, of where L+W+D is >1.
6. Making sure all requests from the day shift/Head office are performed that night.
7. Recording data as requested.
8. Using our clients Parcel processing systems to look up answers to queries / run checks as needed
9. General checking of pallet contents to ensure Pallet labelling is correct and reflects the contents.
10. General checking of the accuracy of the coloured Pallet tape to ensure no errors made.
11. Checking completed pallets in the dispatch lanes, ensuring they are properly positioned.
12. Helping out with any packaging material counts as needed.
13. Ensuring parcels requiring volumetric data are processed correctly, as per instructions.
14. Use vehicle despatch schedules, check vehicles are arriving to schedule. Record issues. If additional collection vehicles are required to use escalation route to book additional vehicles.
The role will be supporting the following areas:
15. Goods-in team / goods-out team.
16. Supporting parcel processing and containerization, helping with queries.
17. Proper use of consumables and ensuring re-use of materials is maximized.
18. Particular focus on Airfreight pallets, full and proper contents packing of parcels (Tetras packing to eliminate all wasted space), checking pallets are at maximum fill.
19. Helping with and Exceptions (preventing processing), escalating where necessary.
20. In partnership with the TPC night management team, help with prioritisation questions if needed.
21. Checking outbound lanes to ensure pallets are full, in correct lanes, with correct labels and correct colour tapes. Checking Collection vehicles are to schedule, book additional vehicles as needed.
22. Meet and talk to the clients day-shift, complete proper handover paperwork, exchange updates, identify and discuss opportunities.
23. Work with TPC operations team to document good practice and improve process.
Not Responsible for:
24. No direct instructions to be given to the warehouse Processing operatives, this is managed by the Processing Centre Management team. This role is NOT about shift management, it's about support.
Qualifications & Training
Reasonable Email Skills - open emails, read, action, reply, file.
Reasonable Excel/Word Skills - data entry.
Previous warehouse operational experience
A good understanding of Logistics
A general level of numeracy
Audit / checking experience
Attention to detail, enjoys checking.
Relationship builder with third party delivery and operational partners.
Can identify and resolve problems.
Confident, gravitas and fair communication skills.
Adopt and promote a collaborative/partnership approach with delivery partners.
Good consultative skills.
Personal Qualities and motivation
Self-motivated with good judgement & decision making.
Inquisitive nature, likes to follow things through.
Is a tidy worker, likes organisation, enjoys process.
Communicates well in a personable and professional manner.
Displays a sense of urgency - task, deadlines and results driven
Dependable to keep commitments
Focused on the quality of work delivered and with good attention to detail
Can adapt to change and cope with ambiguity as new procedures are developed
You will receive on the job training and other specific training, as agreed and required.
Environmental job requirements and working conditions
The job entails a mix of warehouse and office work, for example conducting checks / counts / giving guidance in the warehouse then moving to the office for emails, occasional data entry etc.
There is no heavy lifting involved.
- data entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"