Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
As part of our overall strategy to increase flexibility and speed to market, my client is driving an accelerated shift to the application of Agile values and principles. This large scale Agile transformation is at different stages of maturity across departments and locations, but overall requires a significant and rapid uplift in Agile capability and maturity. My Client are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Agile coach to join their existing coaching team, to support and guide the organisation through the necessary practice, organisational and cultural changes.
My client is looking for people who are passionate about Agile, who enjoys coaching both individuals and teams to grow and develop, and who is able to inspire people to change their beliefs and behaviours. The successful applicant will be part of an Agile Transformation and Coaching team, distributed across multiple offices in the UK. They will play a lead role in building Agile understanding and maturity across the organisation. Education, mentoring and coaching, starting with the basic principles of Agile and the practical application of Scrum and Kanban, will be required. As a lead Agile coach, the role will also involve the development of less experienced Agile coaches.
The Agile coaches work primarily with IT change delivery, assigned to specific portfolios, programmes or projects. However, as a lead Agile coach, this role will also have a significant part to play in in leading, informing and driving wider Agile Transformation activities across the organisation. This will include Agile advocacy, thought leadership, strategy, leadership coaching, education, and acting as a cultural change agent to promote an understanding and application of Agile values and principles across the organisation.
Some travel to other UK locations may be required as part of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop all levels of staff on how to implement and sustain Agile principles and practices.
- Coach teams facing tough challenges to improve the way they work and collaborate in a way that addresses Aviva governance needs and is aligned to Agile principles.
- Educate and inform change delivery stakeholders so that they understand what has changed about the way the change delivery will work and how it will affect them.
- Coach all key stakeholders in understanding the importance of their role within Agile change delivery.
- Facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, forums, training, games etc.
- Assist the teams in developing practical solutions where they find themselves constrained by situations that are not ideal for Agile development (e.g. environment constraints).
- Share learning to develop and support the wider coaching team and community.
- Provide management with timely feedback on any potential to accelerate or improve the Agile Transformation programme.
- Provide regular updates to the Agile Coaching Team Lead regarding project status, Agile maturity, constraints and learning.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and delivery of Agile training materials and curriculum.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Agile framework, including guidelines, case studies etc.
Skills & Experience required:
- Hands on experience of Agile change delivery – with a focus on Scrum mastery, product ownership (or equivalent).
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile values and principles and how to apply these in a complex environment.
- In depth knowledge of Scrum and Kanban.
- A working knowledge of other Agile frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of Agile techniques and practices, and a pragmatic approach to applying these in different circumstances.
- Ability to inspire individuals and teams to change and improve.
- Coaching Agile change delivery teams to improve capability and maturity.
- Coaching senior stakeholders to become more Agile in their approach and behaviours.
- A good understanding of software development processes and delivery/project management tools and techniques.
- Awareness of Agile case studies, examples, literature etc.
- Experience of developing and running training and workshop activities, particularly for senior leadership.
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and political awareness.
- Strong collaborative working skills.
What will you get in return
- Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on skills & experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If of interest, please press “Apply”.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job