Advanced Clinical Specialist Speech & Language Therapist - Dysphagia
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative Speech and Language Therapist, to lead service delivery and development in the clinical area of dysphagia in an acute and community settings.
Our Speech and Language Therapy team is using a person focused approach to patient care, and aims to deliver excellent care to our patients and their families, using interventions that are evidenced based and outcome measured. We are aiming to be CQC outstanding by 2023.
Our team mission is to have a skilled and confident workforce of therapists, that enable person-centred, safe, effective and sustainable care through collaborative relationships with our service users and partner agencies. We are supportive, helpful and respectful to each other and passionate about making a difference in the lives of our clients.
Based in York Hospital and working in York and Scarborough Hospitals and across the sites of our Trust, in this role you will:
- Hold a clinical workload across sites and settings, delivering highly specialist assessment, treatment and advice, working closely with patients and their carers and other professionals in Health and Social Care. This will include supporting videofluoroscopy clinics.
- Have responsibility for embedding best practice and the evidence base in the SLT care of people with dysphagia across the SLT team by; a.) supporting colleagues to develop their clinical skills and practice with this client group, b.) auditing the quality of care to people with dysphagia in the SLT team, c.) reviewing research and innovations in the clinical care of this client group, d.) collecting patient experience feedback and e.) using quality improvement methods to implement change.
- Support the Team Manager and AHP Senior Manager in monitoring and evaluating service capacity and delivery, showing a good understanding of organisational priorities and local service needs. You will also be part of our leadership team of ACSs, supporting and leading quality improvement projects that link with our team vision and objectives.
- Be a champion for people with dysphagia and their carers by raising awareness in the community, educating other professionals and keeping at the forefront of developments in the world of dysphagia.
- Be committed to raising the profile of our team and profession, through supporting quality placements as part of student education and participation in local and regional professional networks.
We are looking for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist that has experience in working with adults with dysphagia in acute and community settings, and shares our Trust values.
We are committed to continued professional development and service improvement, and we encourage and support our staff to develop their skills along the 4 pillars of the Advanced Clinical Practice Framework (Clinical Practice, Education, Research and Leadership). We offer a robust support network for all staff, including clinical and management supervision, peer review and training. In this role you will be supported by the AHP Senior Manager, SLT Professional Lead, Adult SLT Team Manager and other ACS colleagues.
We are committed to supporting staff wellbeing and offer an Employee Assistance Programme and a Health and Lifestyle Check. We offer a range of staff benefits, including the NHS Pension Scheme, NHS discount and salary sacrifice schemes (including childcare vouchers) and professional services.
Please Note: The ability to transport yourself and equipment across the locality and Trust sites during the course of a normal working day is required for this vacancy.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Helena Perry - Adult SLT Team Manager
It's not just the area that's a great draw. In addition, as a member of our team you’ll have access to one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK, a minimum of 27 days annual leave (on top of Bank Holidays) and an award-winning package of staff benefits (see link on the right).
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'