We are currently recruiting for a Financial Planning practice based in Ipswich that are looking to recruit an Administrator/Paraplanner. A large part of this job will be compiling suitability letters so they are looking for someone with relevant experience and ideally diploma qualified or almost qualified.
Summary of Role
- To provide high quality financial planning support to Financial Advisers as part of an administrative team, in accordance with FCA standards and our Chartered Code of Ethics, representing the company in a professional manner with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Collate and manage information and facts for client meetings.
- Process applications and servicing matters, communicating with providers, clients and professional parties such as accountants and solicitors
- To process post sale requirements, working to and ensuring deadlines are met for both individual and corporate clients.
- Computer based duties include using a networked Iress Adviser Office recording and reporting system, Microsoft word, excel and Outlook. Use of Internet including numerous provider sites.
- To assist in ensuring that all client files and company records are compliant in line with FCA regulations
- To keep abreast of and adhere to the rules within the compliance manual.
- To continually conduct oneself within the 6 core principles of the FCA’s TCF and CII’s Code of Ethics.
- Keep up to date with legislation, taxation & trusts, regulation, technical, product andprovider changes
- A thorough knowledge is necessary of all product types that the company generally deals with, in its fully independent status.
- Compiling recommendation/suitability letters, building from basic templates from our 3 rd party compliance assistance company together with provider information, company policy requirements, client soft facts and specific adviser instructions.
- Holistic para-planning research, working with the advisers on investments, pensions, protection and mortgages, having first discussed & detailed as necessary the fact-finding information, considering the remuneration method options available to the clients.
- Researching portfolios and funds, keeping abreast of market movements, trends etc.
- Be present and provide input at client meetings when required.
- Assisting team members with technical support.
Training & Development
- To continue private study to obtain the CII level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning
- To pass internal training & test in Data protection, Complaints, Anti-bribary and Moneylaundering.
- To continue with ongoing technical training within the office, keeping a good working knowledge of the products and systems used.
- To continually complete annual CPD in accordance with company and CII requirements.
Pre-requisites & Experience
- At least 4 GCSEs inc English & Maths at grade C above (or equivalent
- At least partial completion of the CII level 4 Diploma modules.
- Ideally At least 2 years IFA support experience, including use of a back office system such as Iress or Intelliflo.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ideally to commence this role with at least 2 years of suitability letter writing.
- There is a strong element of working on your own, relying on initiative gained from your experience within the industry. You be required to use paraplanning / extracting information skills etc. unaided.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
- Report Writing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'