GLS Lighting (GLS Light & Sound Production Ltd) has become a renowned and valued provider of stage lighting to all walks of the entertainment industry since 1995. Encompassing most aspects of show lighting, GLS offers complete systems right from the design stages up to the final event state to suit every individual client’s needs. By continually striving to maintain high standards of equipment, crew and working practices, GLS has built a reputation for quality and dependability.
Overview/ Job Role:
We are looking for a professional, logical and calm individual to coordinate vehicle movements, crew allocations, and to take responsibility for general Admin duties relating to the above.
Flexibility in your outlook towards hours will be required in so much as you must be able to react quickly and logically at very short notice in order to coordinate any last minute detail, be it on the odd occasion falling in evenings or weekends.
It is important that you are able to prioritise your workload and work well to deadlines, whilst being reactive, effective, methodical and calm in response to last minute changes.
- Familiarity and competence in all Microsoft office programmes
- Working knowledge of freight transfers/pallet couriers/ferry booking
- Good working knowledge of UK Venues and Touring policies would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of organisation of Touring Crews would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of European transport laws & tolls would be useful
- Familiarity with Easyjob software would be an advantage
- Knowledge of current Tacho and O’License regulations would be an advantage
- Full clean driving license advantageous
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Administrative duties relating to sourcing and booking of freelancers for shows, drivers for vehicle deliveries and collections
- Maintaining the GLS freelancer crew information database, ensuring relevant documents (Insurances, qualifications, tickets, I.C.E information etc) are up to date
- Maintaining availability schedules of freelancers
- Compiling show information packs for crew, Health & Safety packs under the guidance of Project Managers, and distributing in timely fashion to relevant personnel
- Providing admin support to Project Managers with relation to Purchase Orders and Invoicing
- Take responsibility or producing weekly weekend logistics information sheet, ensuring it is dispersed to relevant staff
- As a member of the GLS team, you will be expected to identify ways to improve cost effectiveness : eg combine collections, transfers and returns wherever possible and appropriate in order to keep overhead running costs to a minimum.
- Vehicles / Transport management duties:
o MOT/service/TAX/repairs scheduling and instigation
o You will take ownership of daily and weekly vehicle checks of GLS vehicles (4).
o VOSA Tacho requirements - Driver card logging. Instigation of O License related renewals. Ensuring Drivers’ hours regulations are adhered to.
- General Office and Building Administration duties
- Premises Alarm and Key Holder responsibilities
- To adhere to all Company health and safety regulations being responsible for your own health and safety and that of others, ensuring fire precautions and emergency procedures are complied with.
- Ensure compliance within the Company’s written standard of practice and departmental procedures
- To undertake training and development as necessary as directed by your manager
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as defined by your manager based upon the changing needs of the business.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Proven track record working within a similar discipline
- Practical approach to fault finding and problem solving
- Committed to service excellence
- Willingness to learn quickly
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work outside of normal working hours at short notice (occasional)
- Contactable out of hours and at short notice
- Computer literacy to above average level
The normal working hours for this position are 9.30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday in our Southampton office. The salary for this post is dependent on experience and level of qualification. Holiday entitlement is 28 day per annum, including statutory holidays. BUPA cover and BUPA dental cover are also offered.
- General Admin
- Purchase Orders
- Coordinating Activities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job