Freightserve recruitment are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor for a Freight Forwarder based in the Heathrow area.
Looking for a motivated and experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to join a dynamic Finance Team. Their aim is to help drive the Accounts Payable team forward, assist with the day to day management of the purchase ledger. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a real difference in a growing team, support our international success and develop their career.
What you will be doing
- Code and input invoices into the system and scan all posted documents
- Liaise with suppliers, warehouse and other members of staff to resolve queries
- Reconcile supplier statements daily (high volumes)
- Correspond with suppliers to clear debt or balances for monies owed
- Arrange weekly payment by Telegraphic Transfer, cheques and BACS
- Responsible for the archiving of documentation at the end of the financial year
- Ensure all month end and year end processes are completed
- Supervising a team of 4
- Managing holiday and time off of the team.
Skills and experience you need
- You will have previous experience in accounts payable
- You will be able to work with foreign currencies
- You will have an understanding of basic accounting procedures
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Excel
- You will have excellent time management skills
- You are a self-starter, with great attention to detail and love to be organised
- You can manage your own time efficiently and are always willing to help the team deliver on their objectives
- You are a friendly, confident person who would enjoy speaking with anyone in the business or outside of the organisation
- You thrive under pressure and possess the ability to re-priorities workload and tasks in line with business needs
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight specialist in the Heathrow area. We have a fast growing reputation with most Heathrow Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry. Call now to avoid disappointment!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job