TITLE: Accounts Assistant
SALARY: £25000 - £30000
A property investment firm are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the finance team, undertaking tasks such as coding invoices, preparing information for tax and VAT filings, regular fund and asset reporting and basic bookkeeping/management accounting. Along with this the Accounts Assistant will be able to assist with the financial reporting and have hands on involvement with reporting and cash flow management.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparing rental reconciliations, reviewing bank reconciliations, calculation of net asset value
- Coding invoices to Basware
- Posting journals to MRI
- Compliance with filing and reporting legislation to ensure all deadlines for preparation of income tax
- Prepare distribution calculations and tax analysis data
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
- Liaising with various departments as appropriate to ensure that all financial and operational matters are dealt with and managed
- Ad-hoc project work
- 1 year minimum experience within a similar role
- Excellent academics - degree level educated with A levels (A-C)
- Currently studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Keen interest in the propertyindustry
Salary: £25000 - £30000 dependant on experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'