We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant to support a busy department in accounts administration, processing of expenses, fixed asset register, disposal of assets and reconciling accounts.
- Daily posting and allocation of cash transactions into the company accounting software
- Process, pay and posting of monthly staff expenses
- Maintenance of fixed asset register including the addition and disposal of assets
- Monthly calculation and posting of depreciation into the company accounting software
- Keying on of purchase invoices if and when required
- Carry out administrative tasks associated to your role
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to have attention to detail and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work as part of team and across departments
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Entertaining, AMAP rates and VAT is essential
- Accounting systems
- Full understanding and supporting in roles of Accounts Department
- Proven to demonstrate strong, positive behaviours which enable the Accounts Department to run in an efficient manner
- Preferably AAT qualified
Experience of working in similar environment is essential, as is experience of meeting demanding targets and deadlines and being proactive able to work using your own initiative.
This is a full time role which will be employed on a fixed term contract of 6 months. The working hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.00pm on a Friday. The salary is negotiable dependent upon experience and expected to be circa £17-£20k.
If you feel that you have the skills to meet this position please apply now!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Ambitions Personnel who are operating as an employment agency.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job