A Global Financial Services Firm are looking for an experienced Acconting & Regulatory Policy professional to join them for a 9 month role.
The role is based in the Glasgow office and will functionally sit within Accounting and Regulatory Policy, which provides specialised technical advice on accounting (IFRS/US GAAP) and regulatory capital and liquidity issues to all areas of the firm in order to ensure that it continues to meet minimum regulatory requirements and does so in an efficient way.
Given the continued high profile of regulation, both in Europe and globally, Regulatory policy is a strategically important area.
Key internal clients include LEC, GDSC, Regulatory Controllers, Treasury, Risk and Firm Management. In addition, significant support is provided to the Business units on new transactions and optimal structuring of existing transactions.
The Accounting and Regulatory Policy team based in Glasgow is a centre of excellence for the core BAU / production related outputs of Global Advisory & Policy covering:
• Evolving regulation and GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS) monitoring and reporting
• Accounting and Regulatory Policy planning, production and maintenance
• Accounting and Regulatory Training planning, production and maintenance
• Advisory support, complementing the broader advisory work of Policy (i.e. where the clients are not in hub locations, the Glasgow GIC team can assist).
• Knowledge and understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.
• Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment in which banks operate, including the role of Basel in setting international standards.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment and be comfortable communicating with people of all levels and experience.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated, approachable, and able to absorb technical information and eager to both learn and coach.
• Ability to balance well the guardianship and client service responsibilities and have a strong appreciation of franchise risk.
• Experience in a financial reporting environment, producing IFRS and US GAAP compliant financial statements.
• While detailed knowledge of key regulations in Europe, such as the Capital Requirements Regulation and the requirements such regulations impose e.g., Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Net Stable Funding Ratio etc., would be beneficial, it is not essential. Candidates should however have a strong interest in developing knowledge in this area.
• Experience in a Regulatory control / Product control function of a financial institution or similar function, with exposure to a range of asset classes and businesses.
• CA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'