We have an opportunity for an Accommodation Advisor to join our team based at our Chichester campus. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,542 - £20,269 per annum pro rata (i.e. £12,528.38 - £13,695.27).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Accommodation Advisor we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
As our Accommodation Advisor you will be responsible, along with the Accommodation Co-ordinator for the placement of students in homestay as well as the initial visits and the annual revisits to our Host Providers. You will focus on, and take an active role, in the pastoral and welfare well-being of all students living away from home.
Our Accommodation Advisor key responsibilities:
- Ensure the year round efficient matching of both home and international students to the homestay provision
- Support the welfare of the students in all of the College managed accommodation, including conducting well-being plans and welfare interviews throughout the year
- Conduct initial visits and revisits with the homestay providers including doing DBS checks and being a counter signatory for these checks
- Liaise with subject teachers, course leaders and student tutors on issues, working in accordance to the Positive About Behaviour policy
- Cover the Halls of Residence when there is the need
- Undertake continuous quality assessments of the accommodation and the service provided
- Collate and distribute surveys for the Accommodation team
- Liaise closely with International Operations and other internal/external stakeholders on accommodation and welfare issues
- Play an active part in student induction sessions throughout the year
Our Accommodation Advisor should have the below skills and experience;
- A level 3 qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of supporting 16-19 year olds
- Administrative experience
- Understanding of the support and welfare needs of this age group
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow issues through to conclusion and to meet/exceed targets
- Satisfactorily meeting the Group’s employment checks
- Full clean driving licence and use of a car
Closing date: 1st November 2018
Interview date: 15th November 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Accommodation Advisor then please click 'Apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'